Hey there! Happy Tuesday!!! Can you believe it's June already? Good gravy, I can't. I'm super excited for what's to come in this space, one of those things being Teacher Tidbit Tuesday!! I'm teaming up with some amazing women and educators to tackle a new topic each Tuesday this summer. Now, don't worry... it's summertime ya know? So obvi, not everything will be teacher related. Let's get this show on the road with Week 1: All About Me.
I figured, to make this easy for everyone, that I'd just list a few things and call it good. So here we go, 8 random things about me, Maddie Paige Fairchild.
1. First up, since my sophomore year in High School, I've lived with some serious anxiety. It really is a part of who I am, but it manifests itself in weird ways. For instance, humor at terrible times or perfectionism in stressful seasons. I try really hard to use it as a tool to reach and encourage other women who go through it, too!
2. My Husband DM'd me on Twitter... that's how we met. Does it get anymore 21st century than that? Nope. We dated for 4 years before we tied the knot. He's everything I'm not. Tall, super pale, but super handsome. He is gentle, forgiving, and very, very calm. I hit the hubby jackpot.
3. I'm a fifth grade teacher in North Texas. I love my job, but at this moment I'm typing this and my students are about to come into my classroom... and I have to be honest.... I love them.... but it's time for summer. I mean..... I need it. They need it.... We all need summer.
4. I have a golden retriever, HER HER HER HER HER name is Scout. She's named after Scout Finch from "To Kill A Mockingbird." Everyone thinks she's a boy. She's not. She dances to the beat of her own drum and suffers from some form of epilepsy. We can't quite figure out what her issue is, but we love her all the same.
5. My dream job is to own and operate a wedding venue with my husband in Hawaii... I mean, how fun would that be?!
6. I'm super into fashion and finding weird, but great deals. I don't claim to be a fashionista, I just try to keep up.
7. I hardly ever have my nails done. I seriously hate getting them done, I can't sit still for that long.
8. I'm passionate about being unapologetically myself and helping others do the same.
What do we have in common?! Thanks for reading this far!! I know that was short and sweet, but I think that's what an introduction should be!! Wanna join in on the fun?! Checkout the topics below!! We'd love to have you!